Frederick F. Eichhorn
- IU Foundation President's Medallion (2008)
- Distinguished Alumni Service Award (2006)
- B.S., 1952; J.D., 1957
- IU Northwest Chancellor's Medallion (1997)
- IU Northwest Chancellor's Medallion
Presenter: Hilda Richards
- Maurer School of Law Academy of Law Alumni Fellows (1997)
- Indiana University Bloomington
BIOGRAPHYFred Eichhorn received his bachelor's degree in business in 1952 and served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. After earning his law degree from the IU School of Law-Bloomington in 1957, he joined his father's law firm (Eichhorn, Eichhorn & Link) in Gary and became a partner in 1963. Eichhorn served as the firm's managing partner from 1977 to 1994. He also was the general counsel to Northern Indiana Public Service Company (1977-1992) and police commissioner for the City of Gary. He retired in 1996 and moved to Bloomington, IN afterwards.
He served on the boards of numerous civic organizations in northwest Indiana. He served as president of the Indiana State Bar Association, received the Chancellor's Medallion from IU Northwest and is a member of the Academy of Law Alumni Fellows. Eichhorn served as a member of the IU Board of Trustees for 15 years and was president from 2002 to 2005.