H. William Davies, Jr.
- IPFW Honorary Lifetime Alumni Board Member (1992)
H. William Davies, Jr. came to IPFW in 1964 and retired in 1992 as professor emeritus of biological sciences. He served as chair of the biology department from 1968 until 1978. He was born on August 2, 1930 and died March 30, 2002. On September 15, 1998 the Davies Greenhouse was dedicated in his honor. He and his wife worked in the Helmke Library as volunteers after his retirement. He received his degrees from Emporia State University (B.S., 1956) and Michigan State University (M.S., 1958; Ph.D., 1966).