- IUPUI Spirit of Philanthropy Award (1995)
- School of Dentistry Distinguished Alumni Award (1976)
Lloyd J. Phillips was a retired dentist and past American Dental Association (ADA) trustee who served the 7th District from 1970 to 1976. He earned an electrical engineering degree from Bliss Electrical School and a bachelor’s degree from George Washington University. Phillips next earned his dental degree from Indiana University in 1954. In addition to his education, he was a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve Corps from 1942-55, and he served active duty during World War II.
Phillips' contributions to dentistry spanned many decades and included participatory and leadership roles at the local, state, national and international levels. He was very active in both the Indiana Dental Association and the ADA for many years. Phillips is a past president and past secretary of the IDA in the 1970s and 80s, and was a delegate to the House of Delegates, a member of the House reference committee on dental research and therapeutics in 1969 and chairman of the committee on miscellaneous business in 1970 for the ADA. Phillips also was past president of both the American Fund for Dental Health and the International College of Dentists. Additionally, he was an avid fundraiser for his alma mater, playing a leading role in an IDA endowment to the Indiana University Foundation to fund a Distinguished IU Dental Professor in restorative dentistry and dental materials.