- Bicentennial Medal (2020)
- Maurer School of Law Academy of Law Alumni Fellows (2016)
- Thomas Hart Benton Mural Medallion (2014)
- Reception for IU Alumni and Supporters
- Presenter: Michael A. McRobbie
David L. Carden, '76, had a distinguished legal career with Kirkland & Ellis, Coffield Ungaretti and later Jones Day. He was nominated by President Barack Obama as ambassador to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in 2010, serving until 2013. The U.S. Department of State awarded him its Superior Honor Award, an honor rarely given to a political appointee serving as an ambassador. He served on the law school's Board of Visitors for 12 years and was awarded the university's Thomas Hart Benton Mural Medallion in 2014. Carden now resides in Singapore, where he is partner-in-charge of Asia for Jones Day.